Project Location(s): Washington, DC
Education: Bachelor's Degree
LAN WAN Engineer for our rapidly growing systems engineering firm. The team works in locations all over Maryland, DC, and Virginia. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving successful projects, profitability, capabilities, and customer satisfaction to our federal government clients. Applicants must have experience in working with voice and data networks of all sizes, be highly motivated, and willing to travel and work in a demanding and constantly evolving environment.
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact, a role in business development and proposal writing/methodology creation, and the following:
- Implementing network solutions
- Development of technical standards
- Prepare progress and status reports
- Maintenance of network HW & SW
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Respond to escalated service requests.
- Maintain record through completion of service request
- Great interpersonal communication skills;
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic;
- Experience with medium to enterprise networks
- Knowledge router, switches, LAN, WAN, wireless, QOS
- Knowledge of servers and LOB applications
- Some experience with routing protocols
- Experience with Cisco, Sonicwall, and Juniper
- Experience with Solarwinds, Wireshark, and NMAP
- Configuration and Change Management processes.